Initial Training Course
We offer high quality initial training according to Finnair Flight Academy own Finnish Civil Aviation approved course. Our own courses are open for students who pay the course themselves and also for airlines who can train their cabin crew on these courses.
This training, if conducted by our own training program, gives the student the EASA Part-CC initial training attestation that is valid in EU countries and qualifies the student as a cabin crew member. After completing this training the student can apply for a job as cabin crew in EU countries and the airline will only have to give the applicant aircraft type specific training and operator conversion training.
The job opportunities vary very much from time to time – we cannot guarantee you a job.
For information about next courses please refer to Upcoming Courses or contact flightacademy.sales(at)finnair.com.
Course location and content
The course is conducted at Finnair Flight Academy’s training centre near Helsinki Airport. The course includes practical and theoretical training with instructors who also work as airline cabin crew. We have a large variety of cabin simulators and we also use real aircraft in our training.
The course content covers the EASA Part-CC training requirements:
- General theoretical knowledge of aviation and aviation regulations
- Duties and responsibilities of cabin crew
- Introductory course on human factors (HF) and crew resource management (CRM)
- Passenger handling and cabin surveillance
- Aero-medical aspects and first aid
- Dangerous Goods
- Fire and smoke training
- Introduction to aircraft cabin service
Course selection criteria
- At least 20 years of age
- Fluent in English (other languages depending on the airline and country of employment)
- Height 160 cm-190 cm
- Able to swim 100 m
- Able to pass medical examination (Health requirements)
- Able to pass criminal record and suitability check
- No visible tattoos, piercings or tooth jewellery
- Weight in proportion to height
- Secondary school graduate or other intermediate grade degree (ylioppilas tai keskiasteentutkinto)
- Friendly and customer service oriented
- Good interactional skills
- No previous experience as cabin crew is required
Enquiries may be sent by email to flightacademy.sales(at)finnair.com.
For private students Finnair Flight Academy cannot help with visa application if that is needed.
We can also arrange training according to customer airlines own training syllabus and need. We can also train at customer’s own facilities if needed. Please contact us for more information.